For the greater glory of God.
The Jesuit Spiritual Center at Milford has for decades provided youth retreats for thousands of young men and women each year. Our ministry has become recognized nationally for our unique approach to sharing the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals committed to inspiring a new generation of men and women, for and with others.
Associate Director of Youth Ministry
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the youth ministry department.
- Providing youth retreat programs that meet the diverse needs of partner parishes and schools.
- Preparing, writing, and delivering retreat talks, activities, and prayer experiences.
- Implementing and supervising tasks and responsibilities for the youth ministry team.
- Working collaboratively with campus ministers, teachers, pastoral associates, principals, clergy, and other ministry professionals.
- Assisting in the training, formation and mentoring of the Ignite Interns.
- Coordinating the youth ministry team’s social media presence.
- Scheduling and arranging travel for the youth ministry team’s off-campus retreat programs.
- An understanding of youth ministry
- An understanding of retreats
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with teenagers and adults
- Collaborative management style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with computers and other media technologies
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Availability to travel
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in theology or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience working full-time in youth ministry or religious education
Beyond the practical work of offering retreats, a significant component of our time together as a team is formation in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, with a focus on discernment, silence, and the Examen. Our hope is that your work with us will contribute to your own spiritual growth and development.
In light of this, we would encourage you to spend some time in prayer throughout the application process.
We will be doing the same – for and with you!
Please complete the following application form and upload the requested documents.
If you have any questions or technical issues, please contact Eric Nichols at email@example.com.