Thank you for your interest in the Ignite Internship! We know that there are many paths and opportunities that God has placed before you. Our journey of discernment together begins with this application.
The application process (which typically takes about 3-4 weeks) is outlined below:
What to Submit
We ask you to spend some time preparing the following items to include with your application. Each will be reviewed by our team prior to your interview.
Include an up-to-date resume, focusing on any and all activities and experiences in ministry or related areas. This can include work experience, volunteer service, mission/service trips, participation in youth groups, student leadership, etc.
We ask that you send contact information (email and phone) for 3 references. Please indicate their professional role and how they know you.
Please complete a 3-4 page autobiography (double-spaced), answering the following questions:
- Provide a short personal history (family life and significant events).
- Describe your relationship with God and Faith development.
- What are some of your formational experiences in ministry?
- What are the gifts and talents that you bring to the field of professional ministry?
- What draws you to living in an intentional faith community? What are your hopes/expectations for this part of the experience?
- What are your immediate and long range career/life plans?
- How you see the internship assisting your growth toward your personal goals?
Please submit a recent photo of yourself – we like to be able to put a face to your name as we pray and prepare for you interview!
Beyond the practical ministry skills and professional development offered during this internship, a significant component of our time together is formation in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, with a focus on discernment, silence, and the Examen. Our hope is that your time spent with us will contribute to your own spiritual growth and development.
In light of this, we would encourage you to spend some time in prayer throughout the application process.
We will be doing the same – for and with you!
Applications Open January 15
Check back here after January 15, 2019, to submit your application.
Give us an email and we'll send you a reminder when the application is available.